My list from last week:
- Work on more blue RSC blocks? ❌
- Pillowcase for Kitty's Aged Elegance quilt ❌
- Quilt up one of the Broken Bricks quilts for Jeff's trip (thank you gift) Nearly finished
- Start quilting the Deco Elegance quilt ❌
- Work on Jeff's insulated grocery shopping bag ❌
- Cut out more black pieces for another Unbeweavable quilt ✔️
I got started on quilting one of the Broken Bricks quilts, this was the one made with the Groovy Garden border fabrics. I am still trying to learn my longarm software so I planned it out again. What I've learned is I really need to learn how to deal with small sashings. When I make the design I think the border quilting will cover the sashing as well, but then I do the quilting and it really doesn't. The same happened here.
|It's going to be another pretty back on this one.|
|This was the simple plan on this one. An edge-to-edge in the|
center portion then a border pantograph around the outside.
I also got started on my Unbeweavable UFO project. When I cleaned up earlier this year I had thrown all the extra bits and fabrics into a project tub and I finally pulled it out. I actually had to arrange the whole quilt to see if I had everything. I did have to spend an hour or two disassembling pieces to recover one of the fabrics but it's now ready for sewing. I think I've also cut enough of the black triangles, but since they're so easy to cut out with my Cricut, I'm just going to sew what I have for now then cut more if I need them.
So, here is my updated list:
- Work on more blue RSC blocks?
- Pillowcase for Kitty's Aged Elegance quilt
- Finish quilting and binding the Groovy Garden lap quilt
- Work on Jeff's insulated grocery shopping bag
- Work on the Unbeweavable lap quilt
Thanks to Linda for hosting the Tuesday ToDo link up. Drop by if you want to see what everybody else is working on.