I started making this quilt in Dec 2020 and actually got the flimsy finished in January 2021. But then it just sat; I couldn't bring myself to hire someone to do an edge-to-edge quilting job on it because it was too nice. Nor could I justify the expense of a custom job. So I just hung the flimsy in my closet and moved on to my next project.
Obviously, once I got the long arm I was eager to quilt it, but I felt like I needed to practice with easier projects before I had the confidence to even attempt it. I hadn't actually been planning to quilt this quilt yet, but then I noticed a pantograph in my collection that sprung to my mind as being perfect, for this quilt.
The shape struck me as being perfect for the Snake River block so I started trying to make a plan.
When I bought my Handiquilter, I also bought the ProStitcher computer and the software is great for playing with different layouts. I spent a lot of hours trying to come up with my plan.
This is the plan I eventually went with.
I will admit I did not stitch it up perfectly. I still have a lot to learn about alignment, but overall I am satisfied with how it turned out.
Linking up with