I hoped to get all seven of my quilted-but-not-bound quilts finished by the end of the year and I made it! The final one is a Broken Bricks scrappy quilt pattern.
This is actually the very first one I made back in January, when it started out as my first leader-ender project. I quilted it back in October and it's been hanging around waiting for the binding, which is my least favorite part.
I believe I used Quilter's Dream Green batting in this one, which is actually my favorite of their battings because it is made entirely from recycled bottles. I just used MaxiLock serger thread in turquoise on this one because it is inexpensive and works fine on my Handiquilter.
I quilted it with the Dolce E2E pantograph designed by Christy Dillon. I really love this one too!
I think I am now done sewing for a few days. I've spent so much time in the past two weeks at my sewing machine that I'm tired of it. Time for a break. It will give me a good chance to think about my plans for January. I think I am overdue for a tidy up; my room is such a mess it's getting hard to work in there. I'd also really like to figure out a good system to organize scraps. They've overrun my current system and it's no longer working so it's time to look around for other options.
Well, I hope you all have an enjoyable New Years' holiday. I'll be hanging out with my feet up, not sewing, but possibly some ripping. I have some big quilts that I've decided to take apart and make smaller quilts. LOL