When I finished the flimsy for this quilt in April 2021, I called it Deco Elegance. It was more of a provisional name; it emerged mainly from the fact that I used Jason Yenter's Deco Elegance fabric line, and admittedly, I didn't take time to create a more original name. Now, with the assistance of my AI minion, I have a variety of alternatives. And there are so many good options, I still might change my mind again about the name. (Update: I learned there was already a Deco Delight quilt pattern, so I changed it AGAIN to Flapper's Fancy. I'm pretty sure that won't be taken. LOL)
Anyway, I designed this quilt myself in early 2021. One of the prints in the fabric line featured these 3-inch medallions and I was inspired to come up with a plan where I could fussy cut and use them. So, I scoured my library of blocks, selecting ones that would let me incorporate these medallions then I combined them all in a medallion-style quilt. I was quite happy with the result.
I've now had my long arm for a year, but I've been reluctant to quilt this one because I kept reworking the plan. The complex blocks I initially wanted to incorporate are too large for my quilting space, and I still don't trust my ability to break them into sections and align them perfectly. My fear is some elements might turn out skewed, which would lead to an overall result I wouldn't be pleased with.
So today, I reworked the plan with more, smaller pantographs. In the end, I decided to go with Donna Kleinke's Genevieve line of pantographs. The finished plan looks like this.
It's now on the long arm, and I'm ready to get started, so this is likely how I'll be spending my weekend.Finished (or Not) Friday and Friday Foto Fun.