I have not done a great job on my last list, which included assembling the Desert Sunset quilt. I spent a while working on it, but I was having issues with the blocks not turning out the right size. My old sewing machine died while I was working on this project and my seams on the new machine are not turning out precisely the same, so my alternative is to tear blocks apart and fix them, or stuff the project into a UFO bin and deal with it later when I'm less frustrated with the project. And that's what I did. LOL
My brand new HandiQuilter long arm is also out of commission. We have had ongoing problems with the ProStitcher computer crashing in the middle of programs. That's not really a feature. So we took the tablet into the store for them to send back to HandiQuilter for repair. It was supposed to be back in two weeks, but when I called at two weeks, they hadn't even started working on it, so who knows how much longer it will be. Another source of frustration at the moment.
During the past week, I did manage to make most of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks. I spent the entire weekend sewing and I managed to catch up with my green, blue, and orange blocks. So, I should be good to go for next month's color when it is released next week.
|Arlington Square Blocks|
Pattern from Pat Speth's Nickel Quilts book.
Pattern by Kim Brackett, from her Scrap Basket Beauties book.
|Flowers for Nana Girl Blocks|
Pattern by Kim Brackett, from her Scrap Basket Sensations book.
For next week, I would like to:
Thanks to Linda for hosting the Tuesday ToDo link-up.