I spent several hours this past weekend starting to assemble my Desert Sunset quilt. As a reminder, this was my original plan.
It's probably no surprise to some of you that it was a mistake to cut strips out of all the fabrics before I even started sewing because once I laid them out some didn't look good together. It's discouraging that fabric scans are so far off from the actual colors of the fabric. I have created way too many scraps so far; this has been a very wasteful project. On the bright side, next month's rainbow scrap challenge color is Orange so I will be set to make those blocks without even pulling out my orange scrap bin. LOL
This is how much I got finished over the weekend before I had to turn my attention to straightening in anticipation of the house cleaner's visit.