Last week I filled my To Do list with tasks I didn't think I would actually get to, but I did. I guess my motivation to sew is pretty high right now since I'm close to finishing a complicated project.
1. Assemble the central portion of the Finger Lakes log cabin quilt. ✔︎
2. Start piecing the border blocks. ✔︎
I am nearing the end of the Finger Lakes Log Cabin quilt. I finished piecing the central portion early last week.TGI Finished Friday. LOL
3. Rework the hanging hooks on the design wall. ✔︎
I have plaster walls in my house so I'm unwilling to drive screws into them to mount this so I actually installed picture hangers along the top edge of the foam and suspended it from the picture rail with picture rail hooks. It works well enough. It's not a very large design wall, but it's much better than nothing.
4. Continue to sew the Meadow Flower blocks when we're out of the house. ✔︎
5. Cut out the Irish Chain blocks for the Meadow flower lap quilt. ✔︎
- Assemble the long border pieces for the Finger Lakes log cabin.
- Finish the Finger Lakes log cabin flimsy.
- Assemble the backing for the Finger Lakes log cabin quilt.
- Continue sewing the Meadow Flower blocks when we're out of the house.
- Start figuring out how to cut out the Unbeweavable Lap Quilt (from my WOOFA 2021 list). I had to change the color scheme because I didn't have enough of the fabric I originally planned.
This is the current fabric palette, but I may make
some changes if I find fabrics that work better.