Has it really been a week since I last made a To-Do list? My, how summer is flying by. I'm having a hard time resisting the urge to sew but I really need to finish a stained glass project I started more than a decade ago so I can sell off the supplies and clear some room in the basement. I ordered a Handiquilter Infinity long arm and I can't have it delivered until I come up with a 14'x7' space in our basement family room. You'd think it would be difficult to keep me from that project, but surprisingly not.
Anyway, back to last week's list.
1. Assemble the long border pieces for the Finger Lakes log cabin. ✔︎
2. Finish the Finger Lakes log cabin flimsy. ✔︎
The flimsy is finished. I posted about it here.
3. Assemble the backing for the Finger Lakes log cabin quilt.
I don't feel like doing this right now. It will be quite a long time before I manage to quilt this into a finished quilt so it can wait for now. I also need to make some pillowcases. I'll set the fabric aside and return to the project later this fall.
4. Continue sewing the Meadow Flower blocks when we're out of the house. ✔︎
The quilt is nearly finished. I am sewing on the last black border pieces on four of the blocks. The rest are finished. I may actually manage to finish the flimsy this coming week.
5. Start figuring out how to cut out the Unbeweavable Lap Quilt (from my WOOFA 2021 list). ✔︎
Figured out and Complete. I posted about it here.
I actually spent a couple hours last night starting to put blocks together. These angles hurt my brain; I keep making mistakes on the assembly so it will be a bit of a slog until I get into the routine (and memorize the orientation of the pieces). And I'm also trying to figure out which direction to iron all the seams so they are oriented in the opposite direction as the adjacent block. It will take a bit of trial and error to figure everything out.
Also, last night I realized I cut out twice as many pieces as I need. Oops. If I cut out another set of black pieces, I could actually make another quilt with the weaves going in the opposite direction. We'll see how this one goes first before I decide to make another. LOL
My list for the coming week:
- Continue to work on the Meadow Flowers Lap Quilt.
- If I finish the Meadow Flower blocks, trim them down to size and piece the flimsy on the machine.
- Choose fabrics for the next EPP project. (I've already cut out the papers.)
- Cut out the fabric pieces for the next EPP project.
- Continue work on the Unbeweavable Lap Quilt.
Linking up with
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Monday Making at Live, Love, Laugh blog
Tuesday ToDo at Chris Knits
Drop on by if you want to see what everyone else has been up to.
Hi Sharon, good luck on your projects....and your stained glass. You want to get that baby in the basement soon I'm sure. Take care.ReplyDelete
Thanks. There is always something more important that finishing that dang stained glass. I'm so tempted just to abandon the project and move on. LOLDelete
Wonderful progress on your list!! Good luck resolving the issue. Good luck with the list for next week. Thanks for linking up with To-Do Tuesday!ReplyDelete
Thanks Chris. I'm really happy with all the progress I made last week. Thanks for keeping me making lists.Delete