While I liked their suggested quilt design, I decided for my blocks I wanted to try a layout with sashing and two different-sized blocks, which also gave me an excuse to play with Electric Quilt 8. I am happy with how it turned out.
the Queen's Jewel quilt. I took them apart at the beginning of the project and I used practically all of them. (I omitted a couple of fabrics.) This gives me a new perspective on the value of using scraps. This project definitely made a dent in my purple, blue and green scraps.
I tried a border I've never made before, called "Beads on a String," from The Border Workbook by Janet Kime. I had to make some changes from the original design to get it to fit to the actual dimensions of my quilt but I like how it turned out. I cut up the last of the yardage for the light-colored portion of the border but the prints were all scraps.
I'm linking up with TGI Finished Friday, Finished (or Not) Friday, Brag About Your Beauties, Peacock Party and Whoop Whoop.