I had hoped to spend the FNSI making the backing for the Arlington Square quilt and then getting it on the long arm, but when I actually got into my sewing room I didn't feel like it. I guess I have a hard time working up the motivation to work on projects I don't really like.
So, instead, I found myself picking up my current leader-ender project. I had most of the block strips assembled and I started putting them together. The quilt is pretty small so it went together quickly. It really helped having everything already cut out. I did decide to change the fabric in the sashing. I didn't like the striped fabric I had originally cut out. Now that I've got my fabric more organized I was able to poke through and find a better option.
|The name of this pattern is Lake Cabin by Kim Brackett,|
from her Scrap Basket Sensations book.
At the moment, I'm trying to decide what color pieces are going into the center of the pinwheels; I am auditioning the different options.
I chose these colors to coordinate with this old Morris print fabric I chose for the border. All the rest of the fabric was from my purple and pink scrap bins. It feels good to make something from scraps.
I definitely need to go back to the Arlington Square backing over the weekend, but I had a fun time working on this one this evening for the Friday Night Sew-In. Thanks for letting me join you all.