Well, folks, I did it! I finally finished tearing apart that pesky old quilt and have been having a grand ol' time playing with the blocks. After giving the Comet blocks a gentle wash and a nice press with the iron, I realized they were still slightly stretched out. But then - cue the choir - the blindingly obvious solution hit me like a bolt of lightning: Just make the extra strips on the log cabin blocks a smidge wider. Duh!
So, with renewed enthusiasm, I dove back into Electric Quilt and toyed with several options for which edges to add those extra strips. After much hemming and hawing, I settled on this fun layout:
I'll add the lavender strips to the light side of the log cabin blocks, and then - for that extra pizzazz - I'll use sashing between all the blocks, with two different colors depending on their location.
I've already cut out the lavender strips and started sewing them on. I am feeling quite pleased with my progress. Fingers crossed, I'll have this stellar quilt finished within the next week or two. Here's to hoping my squirrel-like attention span doesn't get the better of me!
Linking up with
Put Your Foot Down
Finished (or Not) Friday
Friday Foto Fun
Off the Wall Friday
EQ8 to the rescue and what a rescue it is. Great solution!ReplyDelete
Thanks! I love being able to try out lots of options without cutting any fabric. LOLDelete
A very elegant solution to a frustrating problem!ReplyDelete
Oh isn't that a clever solution - and very pretty too!ReplyDelete