As usual, it still needs a label and to be bound, but the quilting has been finished and I've trimmed off the excess. I tend to let a few quilts pile up because it is more efficient to make multiple quilt labels at once. I'm happy to get this one done before the end of the month, as this was my one monthly goal.
I initially played with an intricate design where I quilted all the blocks individually, but I struggled to come up with a good design for the borders so I decided done was better and settled for an edge-to-edge design. I used Christy Dillon's Garden Fairies pantograph that I purchased during their last sale. (I bought so many great patterns from them recently, it was difficult to choose which one to use.)
I used Quilter's Dream Green batting for this quilt; it is my batting of choice because it is made from 100% recycled bottles. And I used inexpensive Maxi-Lock serger thread in dark purple because I've had good success with it.
I designed this pattern in Electric Quilt and I used fabrics already in my stash. I'm really trying not to buy any more fabric this year. I'm quite happy with how well this project turned out.
I'm linking up with
One Monthly Goal Finish
Brag About Your Beauties
Finished (or Not) Friday
Friday Foto Fun
Off the Wall
TGI Finished Friday
It's a beautiful finish!ReplyDelete
Thanks so much. I'm quite pleased with it.Delete
A perfect early spring finish! Love those purples and the quilting worked out really well. Congrats on a beautiful finish.ReplyDelete
Thank you. I'm glad I stuck with it. If I hadn't chosen it as my OMG, I'm pretty sure I would have given up again when I sewed those triangle logs wrong the first time.Delete
Well done on your lovely finish.ReplyDelete
That is so pretty!!!ReplyDelete