I was so sick of cleaning my sewing room (which mostly involves ironing and folding fabric) I decided to take a break and do something fun. So, for Friday Night With Friends this month, I worked on my Aged Elegance Bonus Crib Quilt. I'd found these leftover border pieces when I was cleaning and they were too nice to let them go to waste so I figured out a plan to make a little quilt. For the most part, these are all scraps leftover from the queen-size Aged Elegance quilt I made a couple years ago.
Those blocks are only 7"; the pieces were a bit smaller than I am used to working with, but it was a fun challenge. I changed the plan a little bit from my original because I really wanted to add the sashing around the outside so I needed to piece on a bit more border. Luckily, I had a few more pieces I could add and since I matched the pattern as well as I could, it's pretty hard to see where I added it. The corners, alas, I could do nothing about; I had the fabric that I had and there was no extra to try and match the pattern.
I got it to the flimsy stage at around 9:45PM and usually, I would quit for the night, but I have a long arm now! I was unable to resist the temptation to stitch it up. Now it just needs a label and binding.
I used the Sharron pantograph on this one; it's currently in the $5 section at MyCreativeStitches. It's (almost) my name so of course, I had to buy it.
I'm really pleased with how this one went together. It will be added to the binding queue. I tend to let them build up so I can make a batch of labels at the same time and then bind them all at once.